Aims & Objectives
The Deis Cyfle! project aims to develop cross-border training packages, self-evaluation tools and monitoring and evaluation materials for educators in North and West Wales and Eastern Ireland, as the basis for increasing employability of people with Austism Spectrum Disorder. The target educational institutions are secondary schools, Colleges of Further & Higher Education, Job Centres and Employment Training/ Preparation Agencies. The project aims to develop bespoke training materials for a range of practitioners to lead to accreditation from cross border Higher Education establishments.
- Develop, refine and deliver a three day ‘whole school/college’ training package and for similar to be developed with Job Centres/Employment training Agencies based upon the highly successful model currently piloted by Autism Cymru in The Inclusive Schools and ASDs: Whole School Training and Research Programme. Here, schools and colleges are expected to carry out a project following training and report back on short, medium and long term plans in relation to the education and preparation of employment of students with ASDs.
- Buildup of a resource bank of materials on ASDs in all secondary schools and Colleges of Further & Higher Education, Job Centres and Employment Training/ Preparation Agencies.
- Design a self-evaluation tool for schools and colleges, giving particular attention to Transition and age appropriate issues for young people on the autistic spectrum.
- Design a self-evaluation tool for Job Centres, Careers Centres and Employment Training/Preparation Agencies.
- Design monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure sustainability and further development of best practice.
Create a ‘virtual’ forum for participating schools, colleges, job centres, careers officers, employment preparation/training (using the awares.org site) to share best practice and engage in problem-solving activities.
|Partner||ERDF (€)||Total Project Budget (€)|
|Autism Cymru LP||389,186||520,700|
|Irish Society for Autism||322,715||430,294|
Counties in Ireland where the project is carried out:
Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Meath, Wexford, Wicklow
Counties in Wales where the project is carried out:
Carmarthenshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Pembrokeshire, Swansea, Flintshire, Wrexham
|Autism Cymru -||6 Great Darkgate street, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 1DEemail@example.com|
|Irish Society for Autism -||Unity Building, 16/17 Lower O'Connell street, Dublin firstname.lastname@example.org|