Aims & Objectives
- Support people to take responsibility for their local environment and develop an effective model, through co operation, for engaging communities in the improvement and conservation of the natural environment.
- Raise awareness of the overall climate change in the community
- Reduce the impact of climate change through local community action
- Use environmental protection actions to encourage social inclusion
- To establish supports and promote community group action to improve the quality of the Welsh / Irish environment
- To assist community groups to undertake practical environmental work, which, will lead to the improved biodiversity of the region
- Improve access to green spaces and transform neglected areas to bring them back into community use
- Improve social wellbeing by engaging a wide variety of individuals and groups in community action
- Develop and exchange best practise for community group structures and low carbon activity between Wales and Ireland.
- Provide training for volunteers
- Assess aspects of carbon production ( footprinting) resource conservation and sustainability of community group activity
- Identify actions to mitigate any negative aspects of carbon production of community group activity where possible.
- Encourage widespread use of the carbon footprinting tool
|Partner||ERDF (€)||Total Project Budget (€)|
|Keep Wales Tidy LP||729,879||973,172|
Counties in Ireland where the project is carried out:
Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Meath, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow
Counties in Wales where the project is carried out:
Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Pembrokeshire
|Keep Wales Tidy - Zoe Abbott||Captain Superintendent's Building, Admiralty Way, The Dockyard Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire SA72 6TD WALESemail@example.com|