Aims & Objectives
- Establish Futsal (5-a-side indoor football) Education Centres (Hubs) in the cross border region that will deliver Futsal & education to socially marginalised groups;
- Establish pan disability (multi-disability groups playing on the one team) clubs in Ireland. Both the
- The Hubs will each hold a year-long course for 30 participants and will use Futsal to engage target groups in further education. Established clubs will be engaged & assisted to offer pan disability football within the Hubs to develop an ethos of inclusivity.
- Joint research will be conducted during the project in order to determine its impacts. It will highlight social and community changes and how the project will positively impact on communities.
- A major part of the content is delivery of coaching sessions by participants within the community to targeted groups.
- The project will facilitate the exchange of best practice and knowledge transfer amongst the Football Association of Ireland, the Welsh Football Trust, key stakeholders and local communities.
- To conduct a feasibility study to assess the need for local football led Hubs;
- To establish Hubs which would show best practice; develop an exchange programme; and promote and establish community forums;
- To research the effectiveness of Futsal in disadvantaged areas as a tool towards social inclusion;
- To integrate pan-disability football into mainstream football clubs;
- To jointly manage the project and roll out effectively in both regions.
|Partner||ERDF (€)||Total Project Budget (€)|
|Football Association of Ireland LP||1,083,566||1,468,908|
|Welsh Football Trust||345,440||495,757|
Counties in Ireland where the project is carried out:
Cork, Dublin, Kerry, Kildare, Meath, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow
Counties in Wales where the project is carried out:
Conwy, Denbighshire, Isle of Anglesey, Flintshire
|Derek O'Neill - Project Manager||Project FUTSAL Football Association of Ireland, National Sports Campus, Abbotstown, Dublin firstname.lastname@example.org||00353 1 8999322|